Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Heat Wave and A/C = Broken iPhone Screen

About an hour or so ago, I realized that I had left my iPhone in the car. I went outside in the 100 degree F heat to grab it so I could check on a few things. Shortly after bringing it inside, I noticed a crack developing on the screen. Right before my eyes, the crack completed its journey across the face of the iPhone. Diabolical. That beautiful tempered glass screen couldn't take the temperature change.


I ran it over to my local Apple folks. They grimaced. While they said it was obviously not an impact fracture, I was also told that Apple classifies this kind of damage as abuse. The friendly local Apple guy recommended that I make my case to Apple directly.

I just got out off the phone with Apple. Yup, they classify it as abuse. I was told that the broken screen is not covered by AppleCare and that I could get it fixed/replaced for $249. Now, I need to figure out what to do.

Joy!